주한네덜란드대사관 과학기술부 인턴 채용
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea
Job description: Intern Science & Technology
A. BASIC INFORMATION
The Ministry of Economic Affairs of the Netherlands has stationed Innovation Attaches (IA) in embassies in 12technologically advanced countries all over the world, including Japan, the USA, Germany and Korea. The IAs stimulate technological cooperation, answer questions and collect information about science, technology and innovation for the Dutch government, Dutch companies, universities and knowledge institutes. The IA in Korea is embedded in the Economic and Commercial Department of the Netherlands Embassy.
With growing interest in the developments regarding Korea’s R&D and innovation in the Netherlands, a high-tech business delegation is going to visit Korea in the beginning of November 2014. Therefore, the embassy (located on the 10th floor of the Jeongdong-building near Gwanghwamun station) is looking for an enthusiastic intern for a period of three months (18 August – 17 November 2014) to assist the IA-section in the preparation. The intern would work under the guidance of IA in Korea.
B. TASKS AND EXPECTED RESULTS
Description of tasks:
Co-organizing a seminar on a technological topic
– communicate with seminar co-organizers, partners, speakers and participants;
– assist with online registration and confirmation for participants;
– design and edit invitation and booklet.
Arranging a matchmaking event
– understand the needs of Dutch high-tech companies and find their matching Korean partners;
– contact and communicate with Korean companies to arrange meetings;
– assist with matchmaking event.
– prepare itineraries for and facilitate visits of Dutch visitors;
– contribute to an enabling working environment through a positive work attitude and pleasant and cooperative behaviour;
– give any ad hoc assistance to other sections of the embassy that may be required;
– work in an open and constructive way with all embassy staff.
Description of expected results:
– satisfied customers and smoothly running visits;
– good work atmosphere that enables the efficient and productive functioning of the Economic
C. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Short description of the embassy:
The embassy currently employs six expatriate staff and 17 locally recruited staff, as well as two interns. The embassy consists of four sections:
- General and Consular affairs section
- Economic and Commercial section
- Agricultural section
- NFIA (Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency) section.
D. REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
Knowledge and experience:
– major in an engineering-field combined with an interest in economics (just graduated);
– broad technological knowledge and interest;
– excellent knowledge of both Korean and English.
The following competences are especially important for a successful performance of this job:
– organisational abilities;
– analytical abilities;
– performing independently;
The following qualities are important for a successful performance of this job:
– enthusiastic, pro active attitude to variable tasks and workloads;
– positive work attitude, pleasant and cooperative behaviour, team-player;
– excellent social and communication qualities;
– If you are interested in this position please send your resume with a cover letter to Ms. Yewon Cha (email@example.com) by 3 August, 2014.
– Monthly pay is 1,000,000 KRW.